Nicolas Lapierre took the first pole position with Team Alpine ELF during the 1000 Miles of Sebring qualifiers.
Nicolas Lapierre achieved an impressive pole position with Team Alpine ELF in the 1000 Miles of Sebring qualifiers.
Porsche continues to impress with Michael Christensen narrowly ahead of teammate Gianmaria Bruni to take the first LMGTE Pro pole of the season.
Here are the highlights from the qualifying rounds at Sebring:
- – A 1m47.407s lap from Nico Lapierre secured pole position in this first round of the 2022 FIA WEC season.
- – Lapierre gained almost a second from his first try of the session and is a significant 1.3 seconds ahead of his closest rivals.
- – Olivier Pla put Glickenhaus in second place on the grid with a time of 1m48,741s.
- – Brendon Hartley’s #8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid couldn’t have done better than third and #7 Toyota with Jose-Maria Lopez at the wheel fourth.
- – Michael Christensen takes the pole position of the LMGTE Pro with the final lap of 1m57. 233s in a #91 Porsche 911 RSR.
- – Gimmi Bruni was just 0.150 seconds behind his teammate and Porsche took the lead in the first lap of the season.
- – Corvette Racing took third place with Nick Tandy at the wheel of his Chevrolet Corvette C8.R with 1m55,696s.
- – AF Corse’s Ferrari finished fourth and fifth respectively in the LMGTE Pro, while Calado’s 51,488 GTE Evo was 52nd ahead of Fuoco.
- – Nicklas Nielsen took the first LMP2 pole position for AF Corse with 1m49.014s.
- – Filipe Albuquerque finished second with United Autosports USA at 22nd with 1m49.388s.
- – United Autosports USA number 23 will start third in LMP2 thanks to time set by Paul di Resta (1m49.510s).
- – Fabio Scherer crashed into Inter Europol’s car number 34, causing the red flag and the session to be suspended.
- – TF Sport’s #33 Aston Martin Vantage takes pole position with home powered Ben Keating setting a time of 1m59.204s.
- – Aston Martin doubled down with the 98 Northwest AMR car driven by Paul Dalla Lana, which started from the first row with a time of 2m00.583s.
- – #56 Porsche Project 1 placed third and Brendan Iribe drove 2m00,649s.
- – The Project 1 team’s Porsche 46 causes a red flag after an exit at Turn 8.
click HERE For the full results of the 1000 Miles of Sebring qualifying session.